[Bldg-sim] Heat Pump Heat Recovery

Gerald Pde geraldpde at yahoo.com
Mon May 18 22:11:25 PDT 2009

Hi All,
We are trying to model a heat pump heat recovery system in eQUEST where the heat pump system will retrieve waste heat from the exhaust air stream and pass it on into the supply air stream. Depending on the supply air temperature at the VAV AHU, the heat pump will utilize a little more energy to boost the temperature of the supply air in case it is lower than the hot deck temperature. The reverse cycle should happen in the summer where the heat pump captures coolth from the exhaust air stream and might utilize a little more energy to provide the right supply temperature at say 55F or boost it as much as the capacity of the heat pump. This might be different configurations of this system and we are looking if anyone has dealth with this issue before or if there are any useful resources we can turn too since there is very little information on this kind of HR system.

Thanks in advance,

Gerald