[Bldg-sim] conflicts in g77 when installing ESP-r on Ubuntu8.10

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed May 6 04:27:34 PDT 2009

This issue is probably best dealt with via email outside of the Bldg-sim list.  ESP-r is
close to a new release which will allow it to be compiled with much more recent
versions of the GNU compiler suite.  There are a number of documents which
can be forwarded about the process of building your own version of ESP-r.   Most
users report good results for Ubuntu 8.04.

To help that separate discussion out we need to find out what version of the GCC
compilers are installed on your machine.  E.g.   gcc --version    and   gfortran --version

Regards, Jon Hand