[Bldg-sim] Mud phuska properties

Chip Barnaby cbarnaby at wrightsoft.com
Mon Nov 9 06:01:50 PST 2009

All,
Please check this info.  The quoted density is less than
fiberglass.  Mud phuska is a mix of clay and wood shavings (right?),
so the density should be > 500 kg/m3.  Solid wood is around 500, soil
is 1500 - 1900.  The conductivity and specific heat are more plausible.
Chip Barnaby

Chip Barnaby                   cbarnaby at wrightsoft.com
Vice President of Research
Wrightsoft Corp.               781-862-8719 x118 voice
131 Hartwell Ave               781-861-2058 fax
Lexington, MA 02421         www.wrightsoft.com