[Bldg-sim] GBCI approval of carbon monoxide control of garage fans?

Erik Dyrr erik.dyrr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:05:12 PST 2009

I don't know what section of 90.1 requires garage ventilation control
either.  Nathen's assumption that CO controlled garage ventilation fans
rarely run is correct.  We did a fair amount of M&V for a utility that
rebated CO control retrofits.  Significant savings were achieved.  Most
systems ran 24/7 and CO systems rarely operated.

I think if you clearly make the case for the baseline and take a
conservative estimate of the proposed, it will get accepted.  I was
preparing to submit a project in this manner when it went bankrupt and came
to a halt!