[Bldg-sim] A90.1 for LEED

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Nov 10 08:20:11 PST 2009

Hi Christopher,

Your task-at-hand isn't clear to me...

1.       If you are being asked to prepare a report to explore the
potential for LEED points (and you're in the consulting role for the
building owner/architect/engineers/etc...), then you should let us know
what energy modeling software you're using.  If it's eQuest, I'd suggest
including within your report the colorful/informative  "Monthly Energy
Consumption by Enduse" and "Annual Utility Bills by Rate" graphical
reports, for both the baseline (90.1) and proposed models.

2.       If you're being asked to generate the documents necessary for
submitting to LEED for EAc1 credits, you're advised to start by
downloading the current LEED template for EAc1, if you haven't already.
It does a pretty good job of outlining the kind of information that
needs to be submitted.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER