[Bldg-sim] student project::CFD modeling

deepa chandrashekaran creations.deepa at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:10:53 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am a graduate student working on a project studying the effect of louvers
on natural ventilation with respect to air movement, distribution, velocity,
temperature and the effect on thermal comfort. At the moment, I am looking
at pressure driven ventilation.

I need to do CFD modeling to be able to see the air movement through the
louvers. Then change one variable each time to study the changes in effect
produced.

I started using Design Builder CFD for the same. I am not able to model the
louvered window for the CDF analysis. Is anyone has done this exercise,
could you suggest an effective way to model a louvered window. Is there any
other free tool that I could use for this exercise?

Thank you in advance,

Deepa Chandrashekaran
USC