[Bldg-sim] How does Fancoil simulation works in DOE2?

Paloma Cubillas Fdez. paloma.cubillas at uca.es
Tue Oct 13 03:46:30 PDT 2009

Hello. I´m interesting in the Fancoil simulation subroutine in DOE2. I have
found that the specific subroutine in this case is F-coil. But I haven´t
seen clearly which performance curves use and how it do. If you read the
DOE2 manuals, here you can read that Cool capacity is the product of the
Capacity at ARI rated conditions multiplied by the temperatures function.
This function appears in the manuals like a function of entering air
temperatures (dry and wet), but not appear any relation between the cool
capacity and the entering water temperature. If I run eQuest I can see that
the performance curves associated to Fancoil cool coil include the
CHW-Coil-Cap-fEWB&EWT (a function of the entering water temperature), but
however, I can´t find in DOE2 manuals how this function is used. And,..what
about the influence of air and water flows functions in the cool capacity?
how are these used?

I hope someone can resolve my doubts. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Paloma Rocío Cubillas Fernández

Personal Docente e Investigador.

Dpto. Máquinas y Motores Térmicos.

Escuela Politécnica Superior de Algeciras.

Avda/Ramón Puyol, s/n. C.P. 11202. Algeciras.

Tlf: 956-028030. Fax: 956-028001