[Bldg-sim] Phd in Daylighting

Dr. Nader Chalfoun chalfoun at email.arizona.edu
Thu Oct 15 08:47:19 PDT 2009

When you model a simple building in Energy-10 with a selected "Carpeted
Slab" as a basecase, and then change that to "Slab" only (i.e. expose
the slab or remove the carpet), and add the slab area under the
"Interior wall" tab (to simulate exposed thermal mass) and specify the
material of this exposed slab as concrete...

You can clearly see the energy savings in the output and the advantage
of thermal storage concrete floors

Nader

Nader V. Chalfoun, Ph.D. LEED AP
Professor of Architecture
Director: The House Energy Doctor Program
http://houseenergydoctor.arizona.edu
Coordinator: Graduate Program on "Design and Energy Conservation"
Coordinator: Environmental Education Ph.D. Minor
Faculty on Global Change Ph.D. Minor

Address:
University of Arizona
College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture
1040 N. Olive St., Tucson, AZ 85721, U.S.A.
Phone: (520)621-6751    Fax: (520)621-8700