[Bldg-sim] Ashrae 90.1 - Unmet hours

Griffith, Brent Brent.Griffith at nrel.gov
Tue Oct 27 11:22:11 PDT 2009

EnergyPlus produces a simple summary table for this called "Time Setpoint Not Met." It has hours not met by zone and for entire facility, taking into account coincidence. Results are separated by heating and cooling as well as total time vs occupied times.

EnergyPlus uses a deviation from setpoint of 0.2C to trigger unmet time.  I hear DOE2 uses a deviation of 1.0F as a trigger.  I think this is one area where 90.1 could be clearer.