[Bldg-sim] modelling dry-cycling behaviour of boilers

Chris Yates chris at zed-uk.com
Fri Sep 4 03:30:07 PDT 2009

Dear all,

Calibrated energy modelling for existing building stock is on the increase.
Therefore, it seems that thermal modelling does need to evolve model
"mis-behaviour" of HVAC systems. Dry cycling - the firing of the burner just
to maintain boiler heat exchanger temperature even when there is no demand -
is one such type of "mis-behaviour".

I'm just curious to see if anybody has modelled this or similar situations
and what software was used...

Perhaps I should re-direct to the Trnsys user forum!

Chris Yates