[Bldg-sim] Baseline Efficiencies

Felipe Durán felipe at b-green.cl
Thu Sep 17 12:12:10 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I`m modelling  a 3 floor non-building using the appendix G. According
to the size and type of the building,  the baseline HVAC system type
would be a "packaged rooftop VAV with reheat" (system 6). The proposed
building has a heat pump for heating and cooling of about 500 kW. Does
anybody knows about the baseline efficiencies for both cooling and
heating? I have checked 90.1 standard and it seems that they would be
COP 1 (heating) COP 2.7 (cooling). Am I right?

Thanks,

Felipe Durán Palma
Arquitecto PUC, MPhil. U. Cambridge
Director de Proyectos y Asesorías

Obispo Donoso 5 oficina 62 - Providencia - Santiago
felipe at b-green.cl - www.b-green.cl - 56 (2) 3431868