[Bldg-sim] zoning for a high accuracy single family dwelling

Jacob Faiola jacobfaiola at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 06:38:40 PDT 2010

Hi all;

I am building an eQUEST model for an international net-zero home design competition, and I am trying to maximize accuracy. Does it make sense to zone each room individually, and manually characterize the behavior of all the appliances (they will be high efficiency)? Or should I just zone the whole house as a single-family dwelling and consider eQUEST's default loads to be close enough? The concern is that a lot of special appliances will be used and it seems like eQUEST's defaults might be inaccurate.

thanks,
Jacob