[Bldg-sim] District Thermal Energy - LEED v3

Yuvaraj Saravanan Yuvaraj.Saravanan at arup.com
Fri Apr 2 16:29:26 PDT 2010

Thanks all for your replies!

I found the following excerpt from USGBC website:

"District Thermal Energy Treatment
<http://www.usgbc.org/ShowFile.aspx?DocumentID=4176>  (PDF) -- Treatment
of Energy & Atmosphere prerequisites and credits for LEED buildings that
are connected to a district thermal energy system. LEED 2009 projects
should follow the guidance in this document until the LEED 2009 DES
document is posted. Please note that any mention of the 2-point minimum
in this document should be translated to apply towards the minimum EAp2
prerequisite for LEED 2009."

Interestingly, it talks about the minimum 2 point requirement but not
about ASHARE standard. I think it is logical to follow Heathers
suggestion and use 2007.

Regards,

Yuvaraj