[Bldg-sim] ESPr vs. E+ for occupant behavior research

Bing Dong bingcat2007 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:57:15 PDT 2010

Holly,

If you look at the my occupancy behavior study in IBPSA2009 (I guess you
already looked), I used E+, using external input files.

At that time (early 2008), bcvtb is not mature to be implemented. However,
now I think BCVTB should be the most suitable one. It allows to interact E+
and MATLAB every timestep. I would program my occupancy algorithm in MATLAB
and interact with E+ through BCVTB.

If you have any questions on occupancy behavior, let me know.

Cheers,

Bing Dong

Carnegie Mellon