[Bldg-sim] creating a custom polygon in eQUEST

Grando, John JGrando at cosentini.com
Thu Apr 15 12:57:34 PDT 2010

I've done this before and I'll tell you the best thing you can do is get comfortable with editing the .inp file and do your custom polygon from there.

You can go to the "Building Shell" tab, right click on the screen, select "switch to polygon view" and edit any new polygons you have made in there.  However, this rarely works out for me because if you model is too complicated it hangs and then crashes a lot.  I would suggest drawing the polygons you want to edit in autoCAD, finding the points you want to make, and then putting them into the .inp file.

John Grando LEED AP| Mechanical Engineer