[Bldg-sim] wetbulb formula

Alec Stevens astevens at dmiinc.com
Thu Dec 9 14:43:23 PST 2010

Hi,

Does anyone have an Excel-friendly equation they would be willing to share
that can convert Tdb and RH into Twb?  We have metered data giving us Tdb,
RH, and Tdp, but we need to know wetbulb.  We usually solve this problem
with an Excel psychrometric add-in, but we need to distribute this
spreadsheet to a client and cannot distribute the add-in at the same time.

We've tried a couple of multivariable regressions on the data, but because
it is nonlinear, it is not proving to be that straightforward.  Next stop
might be a two-way lookup table, but that is kind of cumbersome and was
hoping to avoid it.

Any help much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Alec Stevens