[Bldg-sim] PTAC should add DOAS?

zhiren zhou zhouzr at cabr-sh.com
Fri Dec 10 07:40:54 PST 2010

Dear all

       I am doing LEED-CS energy rating simulation. Part of the project is
residential type and the HVAC system for baseline is PTAC and the proposed
system is FCU+DOAs. However the PTAC system has no outdoor air and the
energy consumption of PTAC without DOAs in baseline is less than the
proposed building. So I think the PTAC system should add DOAs.

Has anyone performed the PTAC system simulation and agree with my opinion?

Look forward to reply! Thank you very much!

Zhiren Zhou

CABR-SH