[Bldg-sim] heat gain of children?

Robert Gengelbach rgengelbach at sustainablemech.com
Fri Dec 10 09:25:22 PST 2010

It seems to me that correlating a child's body area  with heat loss as a
direct ratio of an adults heat loss would not account for the significantly
higher metabolic rate that children have.  Remember there are various heat
loss values published for adults depending on their activity level.

cid:image003.png at 01C9AB43.F0BEE290

Robert Gengelbach, PE, LEEDR AP BD+C

Sustainable Mechanical Design Associates, LLC

89 Monroe Center NW

Suite 302

Grand Rapids, MI 49503

P: (616) 776-9009