[Bldg-sim] Mostly commonly used energy analysis software?

CARNEY Ronan Ronan.CARNEY at projectservices.qld.gov.au
Mon Feb 1 16:31:35 PST 2010

Fareed,

We use IES, a program from Scotland, to do our energy analysis. We use
it as it's got a great use for IFC interfacing via gbXML to Revit. We
use many different architectural platforms and require them to all be
interoperable with each other, hence the IFC.

The program has just released a new version. I advise to at least trial
it. It has a large learning curve but not as much as the other softwares
(we've tried Energy+, MagiCad, & others). However, it does have a great
support team and is recognised as a valid energy, HVAC, PMV, CFD and
daylight analysis modules for our GreenStar submission process (LEED
equivalent in Australia).

Regards,
Ronan Carney
Electrical Engineer