[Bldg-sim] Estimating Energy Consumption Using Spreadsheets

Linda Lawrie linda at fortlawrie.com
Wed Feb 24 09:37:42 PST 2010

We always said it was an "engine" for calculations.  Designed to be
the engine.  Look at our documentation if you think otherwise.

And 3rd parties, at their request, were to step up to the plate and
provide those interfaces all the domain users love so much.  The
Government has been highly criticized for any attempts to produce
full scale commercial software and step on others toes.

Go
http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/interfaces_tools.cfm
to see how far private industry has progressed in terms of providing
interfaces.