[Bldg-sim] University of Sydney - Job Announcement

Abel Orellana a.orellana at usyd.edu.au
Sun Jan 17 21:41:03 PST 2010

Hello from Sydney,

My name is Abel Orellana and I work for the University of Sydney. I sit
in our research team within the recruitment division and I am partnering
with the Faculty of Architecture, Design & Planning in the effort to
locate suitable candidates for the appointment of a Senior
Lecturer/Lecturer Architectural Design/Digital Architecture.

When doing some preliminary research I found this listserv and thought
it would be a great place to ask for assistance from some professionals
already in the field.

Given the focus of the role will be around academic leadership and
teaching of digital media in architecture, I wanted to get in contact
with members of this list to see if you were able to point me in the
right direction and possibly provide some advice on the best avenues
through which to get a communication out to individuals who may be
interested in a new challenge (and a move to the sunny shores of
Sydney!).

I am really looking for some advice on potential advertising mediums,
such as journals, forums and associations and potentially any other
listserv/mailing list which may be helpful in spreading the word...

A little more about the position:

The successful applicant will teach in design studios, particularly in
the March Digital Architecture Research Studio and in Architectural
Communications in the undergraduate BDesArch course, develop
opportunities for interaction and cross-teaching and research between
staff of the Design Lab and Architecture programs, develop a program of
research in architectural computing and supervise undergraduate Honours
and postgraduate research student.

You will have a demonstrated track record in research publications
and/or peer-assessed creative input, the ability to teach in an
architectural design studio, a track record in applying for competitive
research grants or competitive commissions and a record of higher degree
research supervision.

The Faculty is particularly interested in hearing from candidates with
research interests in one or more of the following areas: urban
computing, parametric modelling, generative design, kinetic
architecture, computer-supported collaborative design,
building-information modelling, responsive/smart spaces and digital
fabrication technologies.

The position is full-time continuing subject to the completion of a
satisfactory probation period for new appointees. Membership of a
University approved superannuation scheme is a condition of employment
for new appointees.

Remuneration package: a competitive remuneration package is available
(consisting of a base salary Level B/C $78,538 p.a - $96,207 p.a, leave

More specific information relating to the role can be found here: Senior
Lecturer/Lecturer Architectural Design/Digital Architecture
<http://usyd.nga.net.au/cp/index.cfm?event=jobs.checkJobDetailsNewApplic
ation&returnToEvent=jobs.listJobs&jobid=ef633822-a215-1a2c-29a3-52e1e34d
a354&JobListID=A218B974-AA19-4889-821F-9BC90126FFAA&jobsListKey=cf4801cf
-dfb8-4fde-b0e6-a57d150e0186&persistVaria> .

I appreciate you assistance and I look forward to hearing from you
shortly

Kind regards,

ABEL ORELLANA | Candidate Research & Sourcing Analyst

SydneyRecruitment | Human Resources

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY

Level 1, The Box Factory K06 | 1-3 Ross St | The University of Sydney |
NSW | 2006

T +61 2 8627 1237  | F +61 2 9351 5867  | M +61 431 657 180
E a.orellana at usyd.edu.au <mailto:a.orellana at usyd.edu.au>  | W
http://sydney.edu.au <http://sydney.edu.au>

This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised
use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please
delete it and any attachments.