[Bldg-sim] Job Opening - Energy Modeling Professionals

Nicole Santos nicole.santos at cadmusgroup.com
Tue Jul 6 14:22:46 PDT 2010

The Cadmus Group, Inc. is seeking Building Simulation professionals to join our Green Building (GB) practice. Daily activities include consulting on LEED and energy modeling projects, reviewing LEED certification applications (primarily EA credit 1), working with standard software packages to benchmark building energy use, and writing reports and other documents.

The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented problem solver who is able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced consulting environment. This position is located in our Arlington, VA office and may require some travel (5-15%). We are also able to consider highly qualified candidates from any geographic location.

Minimum Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in mechanical or energy engineering
* 2+ years of direct professional experience in HVAC system design, energy modeling, commissioning and/or energy auditing
* Direct experience with at least 10 energy models using the ASHRAE's Performance Rating Method (PRM)
* Direct experience using energy modeling programs including (eQuest, Trace, HAP etc.)
* Knowledge of and experience with building codes and standards (e.g., ASHRAE 90.1, ASHRAE 62, ASHRAE 55, Title 24, IPMVP Vol. III, IESNA RP-33, ASHRAE 189, IECC)

Optional but desirable attributes:
* LEED AP with at least 3 years of related LEED experience
* Master's degree in mechanical or energy engineering
* Professional Engineer license
* CEM certification
* LEED Certification Reviewer certificate

Cadmus is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.  To apply, please visit our Online Career Center https://careers.cadmusgroup.com/apply/. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly.

Nicole Santos
Recruitment Manager
The Cadmus Group
57 Water Street