[Bldg-sim] EnergyPlus Geometry Creation

Lester Jackson lester.d.jackson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:03:28 PDT 2010

Hello-

I would very much appreciate any recommendations on the available programs
for generating E+ geometry.  I have experience w/ eQUEST, and had some brief
experience with OpenStudio/E+.  However, I'd like to devote some time to
learning one of the tools/methods better.  Any insight people might have on
the following would be appreciated:

1)  Translation of DOE-2.2 LOADS information to DOE-2.1e, and then using the
E+ DOE2Translator program to generate the E+ geometry.
2)  Experience w/ stability of Google SketchUp 7.1 and OpenStudio v1.0.5?
My experience is with the previous versions of OpenStudio and SketchUp 7.  I
found it would unexpectedly crash.  Any noticeable improvements with the
newer versions, stability or otherwise?
3)  Other preferred geometry creation tools, and briefly why you prefer
them?

Thanks in advance for your help,
L. Jackson