[Bldg-sim] Baseline Sizing

Vinay Devanathan vinay.devanathan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 08:46:14 PDT 2010

Hello All,

I am using EnergyPlus to model a building according to ASHRAE App. G for
baseline case. I included Zone exhaust fans in the baseline as advised, in a
fashion similar to what is prescribed in the proposed design. But, when I
auto-size the model with this Zone Exhaust Fan object, I get a warning
message saying -

**   ~~~   **   there is unbalanced exhaust air flow.
**   ~~~   **   Unless there is balancing infiltration / ventilation air
flow, this will result in
**   ~~~   **   load due to induced outdoor air being neglected in the
simulation.

And, I think the design loads are increased due to this, which would
probably cause over-sizing.

Any help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Vinay