[Bldg-sim] Job Ad- Senior Design Engineer-Energy Modeler

Katelynn Hussmann khussmann at epsteinglobal.com
Mon Jul 19 11:18:55 PDT 2010

Good Afternoon,

Can you please post this ad for a Senior Design Engineer-Energy Modeler?

Epstein is an established and respected 89 year old architecture,
engineering, construction and interior design firm.  Established in
1921, the firm is one of the largest and oldest, full-service
architectural, engineering and construction companies in the United
States.  We are one of the most prestigious multi-faceted architecture
and engineering design firms in the U.S.  Our corporate office is
located in Chicago's West Loop, convenient to transportation.  We offer
all employees excellent wages, a competitive benefits package and an
opportunity for career growth and advancement.  Epstein is proud to be
100% employee owned.

Throughout its history, Epstein has been continually associated with
landmark projects both in the United States and throughout the world. We
offer the opportunity to work on diverse projects such as high-rise
office buildings, high-rise residential properties, suburban office
buildings, hotels, museums, laboratories, educational facilities,
government projects, parking structures, manufacturing facilities and
distribution centers in the United States and abroad.

Epstein is seeking a Design Engineer with energy modeling expertise.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in mechanical design
within an emphasis on energy modeling for renovation, retrofit and new
construction projects.  This position is responsible for developing
detailed energy consumption models, evaluating complicated building
systems, and life-cycle-cost analysis for owners' operations and
analyzing the results as well as the completion of project deliverables
to ensure the success of their project.  Extensive knowledge of general
building codes and ASHRAE Standards and Design Guidelines is a must.
The company is looking for the right person to interact with clients and
work with the rest of the Epstein team.  The candidate should be
creative and think outside of the box. We are looking for a flexible,
self-starter who likes to work as an individual as well as with a team.
The capability to coordinate with other building design disciplines is
important.

Requirements
* Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering

* 3-7 years of successful engineering experience
* Expertise in engineering systems and related design principles

* Documented experience with energy models on LEED projects that have
completed the review process and have earned certification

* Awareness of other disciplines and the interrelationship of the
various elements of design

* Strong analytical skills; knowledge of analysis methods

* Strong interpersonal, communication, and supervisory skills

* Successful experience supporting multiple, concurrent projects

* LEED Accreditation preferred
* Working knowledge of AutoCad, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
discipline specific software packages such as IES, Trane TRACE 700 and
eQUEST

Epstein is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

For more information on our company, please visit us on the internet at
www.epsteinglobal.com and send your resume to-----
http://www.cytiva.com/epstn/ext/apply.asp?epstn?epstn125?hrgen?6.

Katelynn Hussmann
HR Assistant

EPSTEIN
Architecture
Interiors
Engineering
Construction

600 West Fulton Street
Chicago, Illinois 60661-1259

D (312) 429-8026
F (312) 429-8800
khussmann at epsteinglobal.com <mailto:khussmann at epsteinglobal.com>

www.epsteinglobal.com <http://www.epsteinglobal.com/>

Epstein is a firm believer in sustainability. We ask that you please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail.