[Bldg-sim] Exhaust Fans in Baseline

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Thu Jul 8 14:23:44 PDT 2010

I'm pretty sure that your fan power allowance in 90.1 is for all fan energy (including exhaust). So for example if your baseline fan allowance is 20kW (hypothetical), you will need to apportion that allowance between supply and exhaust similar to your designed building.

There was an extensive discussion about this around a year ago on this list (check the archives).

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Sustainable Design Analyst
1382 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309