[Bldg-sim] Small building that wants to get LEED Platinum

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 09:08:13 PDT 2010

Hi James,

Sounds like fun and you're getting all kinds of cool ideas!

There is a locally owned pizza parlor here in Portland that has done many
inventive things. Below is the like that you can read at your leisure. They
have great pizza, too!

Hot Lips Pizza:
http://www.hotlipspizza.com/about/sustainability/greenpower.html

The page you'll open to covers a cool sounding refrigeration technology.
They quote a 30% energy savings just from using it. There's a lot more on
their website including the use of locally grown organic ingredients,
sustaining bees, composting, etc., etc. I'm sure you'll find some ideas
applicable to Subway's, if not all of them.

It would be fun to hear how this turns out for you. Maybe you can make a
presentation at IBPSA's conference or an ASHRAE conference or somewhere.

Cheers,
Carol

Carol Gardner PE