[Bldg-sim] eQuest VRF Modeling

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 08:30:55 PDT 2010

Hi Chris,

Yes it is possible to do. I am just finishing a peer review of a project
that uses one. There has been a lot of discussion about the BSUG
presentation by Dana Troy that you will find in the archives. There is also
a lot of information available from the manufacturers - Mitsubishi and
Daikin - so you can create and enter curve data that reflects the actual
heat pump you are trying to model. Creating curves is not difficult but it
is pretty time consuming. If you are moving heat/cool around the building
then there is post-processing since you can't model it directly in eQUEST.
There can be some problems with using OA-FROM-SYSTEMS to model your DOAS,
too, but nothing that can't be overcome that I've seen.

Carol

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Chris <floodyc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to model a VRF system in eQuest? If so how involved or
> fdifficult s the process? Does it require post-processing?
>
> EnergyPro can model this system but is not an approved modeling tool for
> LEED Canada.
>
> Thansk you.
>
> --
> Chris Flood BSc (Eng)
> Senior Building Analyst & Energy Modeller

Carol Gardner PE