[Bldg-sim] IBPSA-USA Summer 2010 Meeting and Dinner Invitation - reminder to RSVP

Shanta Tucker shanta.tucker at atelierten.com
Thu Jun 3 15:50:27 PDT 2010

Please excuse the cross-postings...

Just a few weeks to go!

                                 IBPSA-USA
  International Building Performance Simulation Association
                                USA Affiliate

            IBPSA-USA invites you to join us in Albuquerque
                       for our Summer 2010 meeting!

              IBPSA-USA MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
                    Dinner RSVP requested (see below)
                4:00-9:00 PM, Saturday, June 26, 2010
                        Albuquerque, New Mexico

Location :

DoubleTree Albuquerque

201 Marquette

Albuquerque, NM 87102

505.247.7000

Schedule:

4-6pm IBPSA-USA Meeting (Agenda includes BEMBOOK + more!)

6-7pm Social Hour

7-9pm Dinner/Lecture

We are honored to invite Doug Hittle to lead our evening presentation
entitled, " Simulation Answers to Tough Questions: Proof by Anecdote."

Abstract: This discussion asserts that there are some architectural and
engineering questions concerning building and HVAC system designs that
aren't well answered using a handbook and calculator. I believe that the
IBPSA audience already embraces this hypothesis. This presentation shows
some interesting cases where design issues could not be answered without
computer models. Indeed, without computer calculations the questions
might not have even been asked in the first place or designers would
have had to rely on RE's.

Bio: Doug Hittle is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Mechanical
Engineering, Colorado State University. He is an ASHRAE Fellow and
recipient of ASHRAE's Distinguished Service Award. He matriculated from
the University of Illinois under the tutelage of Professor Curt
Pedersen.  Hittle also attended the founding IBPSA meetings.

While at the Construction Engineering Research Laboratory Hittle was
peace negotiator and front man for the BLAST development team and served
on the Advisory Panel for the development of DOE-2. He taught HVAC
design, solar energy engineering, thermal sciences, and automatic
control while at Colorado State and Purdue Universities.

Dinner Menu: Painted Mesa buffet. It includes roasted pork loin with red
chili cream sauce, carne asada served with lime cilantro sauce
espagnole, verde ride, southwestern ratatouille, tortillas, house salad,
green chili stew and a variety of drinks. The price will be $40/person,
cash or check only, no credit cards please.

Please RSVP to Shanta Tucker (shanta.tucker at atelierten.com) by June 4th.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Shanta Tucker, Secretary IBPSA-USA

Directions:

-From Airport: Exit Sunport Blvd. to I-25 North. I-25 North to Martin
Luther King, exit 224b. Turn left heading west on MLK 3 blocks to the
Hotel. The DoubleTree is on the right (North side of road).

-Via Interstate 25 north or southbound: Exit Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
and at the boittom of the off-ramp, turn right if coming from the north,
or left if coming from the south. Travel approx 1&1/2 miles west on MLK
Jr Blvd to access the Doubletree.

-Via Interstate 40 east or west bound: Travel to the I-25/I-40
interchange and access Interstate 25 southbound.... View all directions,
map, and airport information
<http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/ALBSMDT-Doubletree-Hotel-A
lbuquerque-New-Mexico/directions.do;jsessionid=16E338DA5D18167C8078EC56A
6CA403A.etc13>

http://www.star.net.uk

http://www.star.net.uk