[Bldg-sim] LEED new construction and major renovations

Maurice Safatly SafatlyM at mmm.ca
Mon Jun 14 10:50:47 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I am working on a project that pretains renevations and addition for an exisitng building. The existing is about 60% of the total new designed building, and new constructed addition is about 40%.
The existing section will have an upgraded walls and roof. Windows will remain the same. The new section will comply with local codes.

For (LEED NC v1) modeling purposes, can I model the entire building as one building (existing and new addition)? and Once modeled, Do I compare energy reduction against New Building or Exisitng in LEED reference?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Maurice