[Bldg-sim] Simulating specific HVAC measure in e-Quest or other software

Gregory Fanslow gfanslow at veic.org
Mon Jun 14 11:18:26 PDT 2010

I'm interested in running simulations of particular HVAC measures without developing a full building model.

I'm new to building simulation software, but have some basic background with eQuest.

Generally we need to analyze specific measures (e.g. demand control ventilation, efficient chillers, heat pumps, etc), where it is a retrofit situation and we already have a fairly good sense of the load we need to meet.

Is there a way to set an arbitrary load within eQuest or comparable modeling package without creating a building load or, even better, has  anyone created stand alone modules that can accomplish these kinds of analyses?

Many thanks in advance, Greg