[Bldg-sim] DTM tool for semi external spaces

Paul Carey paul at zed-uk.com
Thu Jun 17 07:21:39 PDT 2010

Harris,

I would suggest any of the following:

IES, DesignBuilder, Bentley TAS, IDA ICE, ESPr all of which should be able
to do this or something very similar.

I would look at potentially using DesignBuilder (or IES) with the CFD
results being coupled to the DTM results.  That way you could look at local
level air comfort and operative temperature values (this is definitely in
DesignBuilder) for say peak conditions in the CFD model based on the DTM
results and get a visual output showing where hot areas were, etc.  A lot
easier to describe what is going on with images.

Regards
Paul