[Bldg-sim] question

Hintz, Scott F ScottF.Hintz at trane.com
Wed Jun 30 12:49:11 PDT 2010

Jim,

Please update this list for HAP. The original version of this list created by Marlin Addison was posted a few months ago (March) and engineers asked us (Trane CDS) if some of the information on TRACE was accurate. Obviously it was out of date so we updated only the TRACE information and even forwarded it to you, Jim, recommending you update the HAP information. I should think 3 months is more than enough time to update this list.

Yes, also, the eQuest information should be updated too. Now that this is on the Bldg-sim list it is in the public domain and should be treated as such; free to be updated by anyone. The DOE-II information should be up to date as it's no longer under active development.

Let the facts speak for themselves. Let's share the capabilities and information that exist today and let the modeling community decide. That is more than fair and honest. My previous email also suggested adding IES and TRNSYS to this list. Energy Plus may be a good addition also.

Scott Hintz, LEED(r) AP BD+C
C.D.S. Engineer III
Trane Commercial Systems
Ingersoll Rand