[Bldg-sim] thermal energy net simulation, which simulation tool shall i use

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 09:12:12 PST 2010

Joerg:

If you don't mind a non-Metric answer, eQuest should fill your needs nicely. It has reciprocating and gas turbine capabilities, with both jacket and exhaust heat available in the engine case. The only thing I am unsure of is taking the exhaust gas from one prime mover and injecting it into another.

It also has quite substantial central plant capabilities as well.

John R. Aulbach, PE, CEM
Senior Energy Engineer

PartnerEnergy
1990 E. Grand Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245
W: 888-826-1216, X254| D: 310-765-7295 | F: 310-817-2745www.ptrenergy.com| jaulbach at ptrenergy.com