[Bldg-sim] VRV System Equipment Efficiency

Larry Degelman ldegelman at suddenlink.net
Mon Mar 15 06:23:35 PDT 2010

Here's another opinion (non-authoritative): I believe the VRV efficiency requirements would match best with the "air cooled, cooling and heating modes" requirements in Table 6.8.1B (for heat pumps).  In the ECB method, this would most likely be system 8, Packaged terminal heat pumps.  I agree that the ventilation should be modeled separately as a DOAS.

LOD
Larry O. Degelman, P.E.
Professor Emeritus of Architecture
Texas A&M University