[Bldg-sim] thoughts on App G system type for mixed use building

Eurek, John S NWO John.S.Eurek at usace.army.mil
Wed Mar 10 13:27:06 PST 2010

To add my thoughts onto Kevin's

The whole building may need to be system 5, but they can be multiple system
5s.
	So one system type #5 for the office area, and a completely separate
system type #5 for the storage area and another for the manufacturing.  This
will make the return air for each system closer to the supply.  Using three
separate systems would also make your baseline more efficient making your
design improvement lower.

	I agree with your idea of modeling a cooling system but making the
set points extremely high and extremely low so they never turn on. I have
received this same advice on other projects.