[Bldg-sim] CO2 in houses

Chris Yates chris at zed-uk.com
Mon Mar 29 07:57:38 PDT 2010

I'm still not convinced of the accuracy of CO2 sensors at the concentrations
that are "meaningful" to IAQ. For example, a sensor I looked at last year
gave a 0 to 10V signal in the CO2 range 350 to 2500ppm. Ashrae 62.1 states
(from memory) that a concentration of 700ppm is analogous to a mechanical
ventilation rate of 7.5 l/s/person. That only gives you a couple of those 10
volts to modulate the signal over.

Anyway Leen, you could try ASHRAE 62.1. It has a few tables and Appendices
in the back for various locations (not just US). It is commercial, but if
you look you may find a domestic/ housing equivalent.