[Bldg-sim] Interior window creation

Jackson, Alan ajackson at klingstubbins.com
Thu May 27 15:43:11 PDT 2010

I am attempting to create an interior window to allow solar gains to
pass through a sunspace to an adjacent space. I am getting to the
following warning when attempting to create a window component on the
interior wall.

As a work around I changed the wall to EXTERIOR-WALL in order to add the
windows then planned on changing back to INTERIOR-WALL but when I open
the project I get a warning saying "A PARENT EXTERIOR-WALL must be
defined before .."

I know you can create interior windows and use them in conjunction with
sunspaces as the DOE2 manual specifically calls out this scenario.

What am I doing wrong?

Alan Jackson, LEED AP
KlingStubbins