[Bldg-sim] equest zoning and spaces

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:49:12 PDT 2010

I didn't see Nicks answer last night or I'd have just gone to bed. However,
I have another thing that might help. Nick said "define each space as a
zone" which is confusing to some as it stands. They way I think of it for
clarity is "define each space as a thernal zone" which then gets assigned to
an HVAC zone. Might seem picky but in this work all clarity is good. Hope
you agree, Nick.
Carol

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Carol Gardner <gems at spiritone.com> wrote:

> Jacob Faiola wrote:
>
>> Hi all;
>>  If I specify only 1 zone with multiple spaces for a high accuracy
>> residential home model,
>> can I still specify precise equipment loads for each space appliance by
>> appliance?
>>
> The equipment loads are input into a space not a zone, so yes
>
>   Also, can you define the footprint of the spaces in the DD wizard or is
>> that done through the detailed interface?
>>
> Either. I would suggest DD wizard.
>
>>  thanks,
>> Jacob Faiola

Carol Gardner PE