[Bldg-sim] equest zoning and spaces

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 22:40:20 PDT 2010

Yes to you Nick! So let's nest them. HVAC Sys One (aka the "HVAC Zone" or
the Parent HVAC system), has some Child thermal zones, e.g. TZ space 1 Zone,
TZ space 2 Zone, TZ space 3 Zone , etc., etc. (as many as you check) as
Children. These Thermal Zones are then Parents of the Child spaces: TZ space
1, TZ space 2, TZ space 3, etc., etc. So the Parent HVAC System (aka HVAC
zone by way of ASHRAE std 90, etc), has Child Thermal Zones, which are the
Parents of the Child Spaces. If you actively name your spaces, their zones,
and their HVAC systems, you might stand a chance of seeing the light of day.

Here's looking at you kids!!

Carol the PE in PDX

Don't ya think someone ought to pay me for this!?!

 I agree 110%!  In this case, there’s a method to the madness though…