[Bldg-sim] Is there a quick model for double skins facades?

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Thu Nov 11 06:58:31 PST 2010

We are doing a project in a pretty cold climate. The project design has a really big glass façade facing south. One of the ideas to reduce conductive heat loss is to create a double skin façade on the south side.

Now I realize that this is going to take a fair amount of analysis work to design it properly. What I was wondering is if there is a quick analysis tool/methodology to tell if this is even feasible to go into more detailed analysis.

Any help would be much appreciated

Vikram Sami, LEED AP
Sustainable Design Analyst
1382 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
t: 404-443-7462    f: 404.892.5823       e: vikram.sami at perkinswill.com   www.perkinswill.com<http://www.perkinswill.com/>
Perkins+Will.  Ideas + buildings that honor the broader goals of society
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CB8186.FF4D06F0]Years of Design Innovation
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy, or alter this email.