[Bldg-sim] eQuest Dual duct & Multi zone system night setback question

James Young james.young82 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 15 21:54:25 PST 2010

Hello all,
Maybe it's a dummy question, but I still can not figure out how to do night
setback for Dual duct or Multi zone systems.
It seems like the software uses mid-point of heating/cooling schedule as the set
point to calculate the heating/cooling load and throttling range is like the
difference between heating/cooling schedule. In the heating schedule the set
point is the upper limit and cooling schedule is the lower limit.
So how I can do the night setback if I want 80F for the cooling during summer
time and 60F for the heating during winter time? If eQuest use mid-point of
heating and cooling, the temperature for the calculation still be
Again, maybe it's a dummy question, but please hope someone can help me out and
I really appreciate it!

By the way, if I want shut down heating during summer time for DD/MZ systems, I
can set a lock out schedule for the heating loop or I can set a lock out
schedule for the AHU. Am I right? Or there is some other ways to do it?

Sincerely,

James