[Bldg-sim] Is there a quick model for double skins facades?

Marques da Silva fms at lnec.pt
Fri Nov 12 00:58:39 PST 2010

Hi

Using En+ for DS may lead to unrealistic results. A student of mine made
is MSc comparing En+ results to the monitoring results of a naturally
ventilated DSF test cell and the air gap air temperature/ventilation
flow was significantly out of reality (unfortunately it's in
portuguese). Similar results obtained by Kim et all may be found at
http://www.iaqvec2010.org .
You can check at IEA Annex 44
(http://www.ecbcs.org/annexes/annex44.htm#p.) what is available and a
set of pros and cons, but DSF is not an easy task to properly model.