[Bldg-sim] IES-VE vs. eQuest vs. Trace

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:19:38 PST 2010

Hi William,

My personal experience is that Trance, EnergyPro, etc will be time-saving
tools at the initial design stage. Without building up virtual 3D model, you
can quickly size the system by inputing necessary infomation.

IES-VE is a robust modeling package which can fulfill your requirements from
initial load calculation all the way to in-depth energy analysis. However,
3D model building is its very first step. I personally believe it is
slightly time-consuming for only load calculation especially when a design
is at its initial stage and designers may change ideas quite often. The
problem is that changing 3D geometry in IESVE is not as easy as data entry
method employed in Trance or EnergyPro.

Regards,

Cheney
Public Profile @ LinkedIn