[Bldg-sim] Senior Energy Analyst wanted - Green Building Services

Tom White tomw at greenbuildingservices.com
Thu Oct 14 16:50:47 PDT 2010

Greetings BLDG-SIMmers,

Here's a job posting that might be of interest:

Senior Energy Analyst

Green Building Services, Inc., professional consulting firm is seeking a strategically minded, delivery focused energy modeler.  This position is to be located in either our Orlando or Houston offices, with consideration given to our Portland office.  The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of relevant experience with design simulation and consulting as related to the built environment, have hands©\on experience with eQUEST and will enjoy the opportunity to work with and support project design teams. The ideal candidate will have an engineering or architectural/building science degree, with a strong background in HVAC systems design, applications, and controls. A competitive candidate will also be well versed with the USGBC LEED Rating System and will have worked on projects which are pursuing LEED Certification.  Additional consideration will be given to candidates who have their CEM and experience with EnergyPlus, daylighting simulation, lifecycle cost analysis, CFD or lifecycle assessment. Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable with high©\volume, quick©\turnaround deadlines and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to interface with senior managers as well as technical staff. Candidates are required to have a minimum of 3-4 years direct experience.

GBS provides our employees with a fast©\paced and enjoyable work environment and opportunities for professional and personal development. We have an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, and stock ownership. Salary for this position will be dependent upon experience. The position will be based in our downtown Portland office with relocation to another GBS office considered. Applicants should provide a cover letter and resume r¨¦sum¨¦ to jobs at greenbuildingservices.com. No phone calls please, but check us out at www.greenbuildingservices.com <http://www.greenbuildingservices.com/>

Green Building Services, Inc. (GBS) is a multi disciplinary professional consulting practice dedicated to helping lead an international change toward design, construction, and facility management practices that positively affect health, vitality, and economics of the communities in which we live and work. GBS offers a full range of green building services ranging from design consultation and technical services to facility audits and LEED project management.

Thanks for your interest.

¡­Tom

Thomas White, P.E., LEED AP

Technical Director