[Bldg-sim] Humidification in LEED baseline

Clark Denson cdenson at ssr-inc.com
Thu Oct 28 12:47:19 PDT 2010

There are several CIRs to USGBC addressing humidification for process purposes, but I find a lack of information on modeling humidity for occupant comfort.  ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G at least states that humidity control setpoints should be the same in the baseline and proposed, but what fuel source to use in the baseline?  And what efficiency should be assigned to the humidification process?

Should the baseline humidification system be based on the Baseline HVAC system type?  This might work if the heating fuel source was electricity, as electric steam generators could be modeled.  But I’m not sure how gas-fired hot water boilers can be used for humidification…

Any help would be appreciated.

Clark