[Bldg-sim] MicroFlo: Exporting CFD Result as a Text File

Cheney chenyu73 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 09:07:58 PDT 2010

Hi Mostapha,

Theoretically, it is possible to export a txt file with whole bunch of
information generated by a CFD simulation. Actually some commercial CFD
program, such as CFX and CFX-post, may fulfil your requirements.

Microflo in VE is only a simplified CFD module which targets on simple yet
straightforward building CFD analysis. With its visual outputs and bunch of
interested monitor points(quantitative data), I can generate pretty decent
report for the customers in the construction industry. We are not doing
research and seeking very in-depth analysis of the fluid mechanics (you will
not use Microflo if you are). From this point of view, I can't see any
improvement in Mircroflo in the near future. Liam, as the expert in this
area, please correct me if I've made the wrong judgement.

Cheers,

Cheney