[Bldg-sim] G3.1.2.5 Clarification

James Hansen JHANSEN at ghtltd.com
Thu Oct 28 07:06:53 PDT 2010

For what it's worth, regardless of what the various publications
actually say, the last 5-6 projects of mine have had reviewers that had
me confirm that when I use DCV in the proposed design, that the baseline
design MUST match the minimum ASHRAE 62.1-2004 (or 07) requirements.

So if you don't have DCV (shame on you!), then your baseline and
proposed models can have matching OA, and it can be whatever quantity
you want.

As soon as you incorporate DCV, the baseline model has to go down to
minimum 62.1 rates.

GHT Limited
James Hansen, PE, LEED AP

Senior Associate