[Bldg-sim] Radiant Slabs Modeling

Leslie Jones LJones at morrisonhershfield.com
Fri Oct 29 06:18:50 PDT 2010

I have been wondering about this too, currently we have been primarily using EE4 which is a DOE 2.1 based program . The modeling Guide recommends specifying the space as HEAVYWEIGHT. I suspect this could be the wrong approach as I suspect any radiant gains falling on the floor becoming a plant load quicker than for an air based system.

Option of course would be to use Custom weighting factors but not sure if there are any guidelines for radiant slabs

Les Jones