[Bldg-sim] Cooling Loads Question

R B slv3sat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 06:02:43 PDT 2010

Not sure if this is the case for you (depends on which report you are
looking at) -
The CBECS would give electricity consumption for cooling and gas consumption
for heating (usually) - so if you factor in the COP of the cooling
equipment, your numbers will look more like what you are expecting. i.e if
COP is 4, the electrical consumption for cooling will be ~3 kbtu/sqft? This
will not reverse the numbers though.

Rohini Brahme, Ph.D. LEED AP
Building energy analysis, tool development, and training
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX